Would you do /ANYTHING/ with this, or is it traash?

DieTigress

Would you do /ANYTHING/ with this, or is it traash?

Post by DieTigress » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:30 pm

I have a black wig that I bought several years ago for halloween. Some friends of mine and I were being ubran CATS, I opted to be grizzabella. I wish I had pictures of that makeup, but oh well.
Needless to say, it was very emo, and not fitting with my (at the time) long brown hair.
I bought this cheapie at a halloween store, so i have no clue what it's made of.
All i know is that it's managed to hold its backcomb (it's CATS, remember?) all these years.
(5, i think)

So it's halloween again, I found it in my closet and decided to straighten it out.
after 2 hours of pouring hot water, letting it dry, combing, lathering rinsing and repeating, i think i may have it to where it's slightly manageable if i cut it and add dreads and stuff to it.
notice, I said /SLIGHTLY/
:i7:

anyway, pictures.
there's the front, ignore my ugly lips >.<

and thar be the back. :i2:
yes, i'm a kandikid.

i don't have any good, closeup shots of the fibers. Some of them are straight, some aren't, and others are a tangled mess.
And there's a small bald spot at the top where the parts end, but it's easily hideable.
Do you think i could do ANYTHING to fix it, or should i go out and buy a new one to go crazy with dreads on?
I love listening to new wave 80's pop. Does that make me gay?

"No, Die. Your homosexuality makes you gay."

Nawtali

Re: Would you do /ANYTHING/ with this, or is it traash?

Post by Nawtali » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 am

Hmm, I guess worst case scenario is that the hair on the wig is not sealabe.
I'm not really sure how many options there are in that case. But if so.. you can perhaps try to do these kind of dreads:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1118

Just backcomb the wig hair in sections and then extend/make the dreads thicker (whatever you want) and then use kanekalon around it so you only need to seal the added kanekalon in the tips. ^^
Hehe, am i making sense? x)

But first of all I would give a try to seal the wig hair to see if you can do it the "normal" way. ;)
Huvudkorv on Facebook!
For international likes, updates & pictures! <3

DieTigress

Post by DieTigress » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 pm

i'm going to give sealing the wig itself a try today, see if it holds any kind of form.
if it was able to hold a bill kaulitz-esque do for the past 5 years, i'm sure it could hold some dreads.

and thanks for the tutorial link, i totally would have skipped over that topic!

EDIT;
Oh I was very VERY wrong.
Trying to get that thing to hold a seal is near impossible.
I've got the first degree burns on my fingers to prove it :/

Also that hair is way short in the front, so the only place on it I could really attempt to dread would be the back.
BCing does nothing to the front, so i had to cut out a smallish chunk that I just tried to dread.
Luckily, I Dreaded a part that I'd be cutting out anyway, since I'm wearing my goggles with this wig.
I love listening to new wave 80's pop. Does that make me gay?

"No, Die. Your homosexuality makes you gay."

WalksWithStrangers

Post by WalksWithStrangers » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:23 pm

You could just attach dreads to it/cut the hair off and use the fringe to cover the hairline? If you used short spiky dreads it could make for a very cute look!
Texas Chainsaw Teletubby: Po!

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”