Styling Manic Panic wigs?

invertedcross

Styling Manic Panic wigs?

Post by invertedcross » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:03 pm

I've recently gotten a wig from them and I'm just wondering if it could be styled. I'm not entirely sure what it's made of because I haven't dealt with a lot of synthetic hair in the past. Anyone have an idea?

Thank you :)

sammu

Re: Styling Manic Panic wigs?

Post by sammu » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:15 pm

I looked around on Google for a bit. A lot of wigs in general just say 100% Synthetic, and 9 out of 10 cases they can't be dreaded up. I believe Jadis, a veteran wig-maker from back in the day used a Manic Panic wig, and it was nothing but trouble for her, and ended up cutting most of the wig hair off.

You can try using steam/boiling water to style, but since it's Synthetic rather than Kanekalon, I doubt much can be done with them. >.<

invertedcross

Post by invertedcross » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm

CirqueMachine wrote:I looked around on Google for a bit. A lot of wigs in general just say 100% Synthetic, and 9 out of 10 cases they can't be dreaded up. I believe Jadis, a veteran wig-maker from back in the day used a Manic Panic wig, and it was nothing but trouble for her, and ended up cutting most of the wig hair off.

You can try using steam/boiling water to style, but since it's Synthetic rather than Kanekalon, I doubt much can be done with them. >.<
Ah well, thanks for the information though! I couldn't find much on google so figured someone must know something. I guess I'll just cope with it best I can ;)

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Manic Panic wigs are 100% synthetic. I've recommend either cutting off the hair (except for the bangs) and replacing it with kk, or using really tiny bits of the wig hair mixed with kk. If you go with the second option, the kk should hold the synthetic in place even though the synthetic won't seal since it'll all be mixed together. They'll be a ltitle fluffier than normal kk dreads, though.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

invertedcross

Post by invertedcross » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:58 pm

ikickshins wrote:Manic Panic wigs are 100% synthetic. I've recommend either cutting off the hair (except for the bangs) and replacing it with kk, or using really tiny bits of the wig hair mixed with kk. If you go with the second option, the kk should hold the synthetic in place even though the synthetic won't seal since it'll all be mixed together. They'll be a ltitle fluffier than normal kk dreads, though.
That okay, fluffy is good! Thanks for all the advice. :)

Desiree

Post by Desiree » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 am

Or you could braid dreads into the synth hair...

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:13 am

I'd recommend braiding in the dreads so if you ever get sick of the wig for whatever reason, you can simply remove them.
More human than human

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”