synthetic wigs hold up?

xalternmommyx

synthetic wigs hold up?

Post by xalternmommyx » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:56 pm

i'm a dancer at a club and well i have short hair thats too short in some places for extensions. So my thought was to buy a wig or two just to switch it up a bit. Would synthetic wigs hold up? or should i just fork out the money for a human hair wig? its not like itd take alot of beating but i guess my concern is knotting up alot?

Couture_Coiffure

Re: synthetic wigs hold up?

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am

Even with the best of care, synthetic wigs tend to knot up. You can get a spray and wide-toothed comb that will help, but if you are dancing/sweating the hair will likely tangle a lot.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks, I figured my best bet would be hh but I figured I should ask inputs first as I've only ever owned one wig and only wore it for photos.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm

I've gogo danced with synthetic wigs before and not had an issue. It would really depend on the quality. You may won't to go for a human hair quality wig, those are much less expensive than human hair ones and you can still hit it with some heat for styling. We have a few up on our site.

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 pm

You already had the best idea. Having more than one synthetic wig is best.
Dancing will cause you to sweat but if there is no rubbing or friction to the actual wig itself there should not be a major problem with knotting. At most the bunching at the back of the neck. Apply some detangler prior to wearing.

Starting with a good quailty synthetic wig is a must and having more than one to switch out is wise.
Wash the wig properly, dry it properly and you are set.

I wouldn't select a human hair wig unless I could purchase several, once sweaty it will require proper shampooing, drying and conditioning
and after many shampoos; human hair wigs will begin to alter. We can never 100% restore the moisture levels.

Arrielle

Post by Arrielle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 pm

I was wondering if the dread wigs would have a problem slipping off of the head while dancing. I was thinking of making a dread wig for shows and such, but I really don't want to be worrying about whether or not my hair will stay on while I'm trying to dance.

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:16 am

Use some weave clips!

Diavolos

Post by Diavolos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:42 pm

If you don't rub the hair too much you can make sure it won't tangle by making it some sort of wave pattern (curly wigs tangle less because the hair team up to make bundles of curls instead of single hair strands floating around)

If you don't want any wave pattern and you wish it straight just separate small amounts of hair and kind of spray them with a very light hairspray, do it for the whole wig. This way you will end up having all the hair into small (very small) sections that will appear as if the hair is free from any product. But your hair won't fly freely enough for the hair to knot.

Once you do this just don't brush the hair or the hairspray might leave and you will break the effect. When you wash it do it again, the more effort you put and the smaller the hair strands are, the best results you will have.

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”