how to attach already made dreads...

emmyk89

how to attach already made dreads...

Post by emmyk89 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey guys! Ok so I have been considering making a dread wig but I'm a complete noob. I've had a look at the tuts that are on here but none tht specifically answer my question.

I have made a lot of dreads atm but my hair is a little too short for me to be able to install them so I thought about attaching them to a wig. What I want to know is will installing them onto a wig using bands be ok (like u do with a normal hair install) as I think I will want to take them off it at some point and install them on my own hair when its long enough.

Oh I also am thinking of using the eBay store 'wigfashion' they look pretty nice and they're KK I think! http://shop.ebay.co.uk/wigfashion/m.html

I just have one more question about wearing funky wigs (different colours/styles) on a day to day basis. I'm sick of my hair atm its too short and the cuts not so good (dont want to get it cur coz I want dreads in!) so I was thinking of wearing wigs every now and then....does anybody ever do that? And will these wigs from 'wigfashion be any good for that?

Thanks guys :)

MrsEss

Re: how to attach already made dreads...

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah, just braid em on as you would your own hair. Kellye, thecutealternative made a wig that way, it'll be in the show archive probably. I'll see if I can find it.

yup, here: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=2425&hilit=kellye scroll down a bit :D
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

emmyk89

Post by emmyk89 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Aw thanks so much! :)

edit: Thought i would post the link to this wig http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Extra-Very-Long-B ... 7382252115 looks really good, even though i dont need it that long i would probably cut it, but i thought it wud be good to show others i ever they were making a long blue wig or something... :)

Zee Byte

Post by Zee Byte » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:52 am

The material is also made out of KK, so you can use the hair of the wig to make dreads already attached to the wig. It's a good choice.

LevanaMalum

Post by LevanaMalum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:39 am

Exactly how short is your hair? Because you can still do an install if you want to on like really short hair, I've seen it done on I dunno inch and a half or two inches of hair.

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”