How to install temporary little hair pieces ? (Pic)

Lessandes

How to install temporary little hair pieces ? (Pic)

Post by Lessandes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

I'd really like to know how this works:

Reps. how to integrate little hair pieces that well into the natural hair ? I'd really like to do that to some of my clients for photoshoots (I'm a make-up artist) but can't really figure out how to integrate it that well.
I worked already with bigger hairpieces attached to the hair with rubber bands, weaves or wig clips...but obviously there are other possibioities as well ?

Any How To's available or at least an explanation ?

JadeRachelle

Re: How to install temporary little hair pieces ? (Pic)

Post by JadeRachelle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Personally, for this particular look, I'd crimp the ends of the clients hair and style it up with bobby pins etc. And for the green bits, have wefts glued to side combs like this Image and crimped.
Then you can just slide them in and pin bits and pieces in place.
I've never done it with loose hair but I've done a similar thing with synthetic dreads.\
Seems like that would work eh? :D

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 pm

You could use wig clips to make clip-in pieces, or pinch braid the extra hair in and style around it.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:19 pm

The emerald green at the front of her hair looks braided in, secured, and the remaining hair styled. Perhaps it's a combination of braiding the hair in and weave clips.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:39 pm

The way I'd do it:

1. Style the client's natural hair into a messy updo.

2. Backcomb small chunks of kk hair, or use something that's already sectioned off like afro kinky bulk. A little bit of teasing will keep the chunks from falling apart.

3. Use bobby pins or bun pins to secure the pieces to the updo. Lightly tease and move pieces around as needed to cover up the pins.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm

I thought what I would do, and then read the replies to see if mine was there... and it is the one above me! I often attach things into my hair by poking hair pins through them then wedging them in my hair! That said, the combs sounds good too
telling it like it is!

Shedandy

Post by Shedandy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 am

Yuop Id probably try a mix of what everyone said, depending on whose hair your doing it to (and how short what texture/color ect it is.)

Id probably slick the hair back and pile the excess ontop with bobby-pins n leave some little wispy bits of to perhaps tease crimp or curl.

N fill in bit with a lot of backcombed crimped and curled little bits of hair attached to bobby pins, hair pins, little combs, big combs.
And perhaps some wefts attached to wig clips around the edges or braided in a tiny bit. Or even just styling the side of the natrual hair over the edges a bit to hide the installtion methods. Or styling the syth hair to hide the installtion methods.

You know prehaps I'll try something like this this weekend or next time I go out, I've been wanting a sort of fuax hawk for a while but couldn't think of the way I would want to do it.
I love the hair extension forum, I looove you guys ^_^

PS where did you get the picture from?
This be my Facebook dreads page ^_^ Feel free to add me
http://www.facebook.com/shedandys

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”