dreadwig quick weave wig hybrid help?

fishyadienlee

dreadwig quick weave wig hybrid help?

Post by fishyadienlee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 am

first off i want to say sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first time posting here

i have a question/tutorial request for a wig i want to do
i want to make a dread wig from scratch [not using an already made wig for a base] and have fringe/bangs in the front from a human hair weft.

i already know how/have made a quick weave wig [if you don't know what it that is check out mschanda on youtube] and ive seen how to make a dread wig using a already made wig.

what i was thinking of doing is using ikickshins weave cap and putting kk hair in the back to dread and human hair wefts in the front for fringe, but i don't know how to go about doing so :cry:

so i guess my main question is how do you add/make syth dreads to a plain weave cap?

sorry if this has been answered before i used the search tool but i didn't find an answer. i also hope what im asking makes seance to you guys, im having a hard time putting my thought into words today :i10:

Nenedhel

Re: dreadwig quick weave wig hybrid help?

Post by Nenedhel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 am

I am doing this at the moment, I think there have been suggestions on how to do it before so requires searching. I brought a latch hook and am going to loop pieces of hair through the cap... not a lot through one gap but bits through several as if I was making a hand-tied pieces and then backcombing the hair into a dread and sealing it. Then I can see where I need to fill it out etc. Its working well so far. Sew the weft for the fring on as normal. Keep checking the fit though because you don't want to alter the shape of the cap as you are working
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

fishyadienlee

Post by fishyadienlee » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:55 am

thanks that was one of my ideas but i wasn't too sure =/
id love to see your project your working on too =]

im actually doing mine for Halloween but i do plan to ware it afterwords as well.

also i have a question about the weight of the wig, i know there will be more dreads in it the falls but the placement will be more evened out there for less pull on the neck right? i hope that makes seance lol. i have a little bit of a neck issues so i thought a wig would be better for longer waring =]

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 am

For the weight they are a little heavier but that depends on how many dreads you put on it in the end, they are much more evenly weighted than falls which tend to pull weight on mostly one area unless positioned to do otherwise. If made properly the weight will be much more central, keep trying it on and checking.. you won't want to damage yourself.

I will be sure to put pics up as soon as its finished ^^ likewise when you're done to would be nice to see.
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”