Wingham wool colour help please (blues)

hairykiter

Wingham wool colour help please (blues)

Post by hairykiter » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi, sorry for yet another thread but I need a little help from people who use Wingham wool

Do you have any pictures of Ultramarine and/or Royal Blue wool from Winghams? I'm trying to find the right blue to make my patriotic scottish dreads but I can't see a difference between the pictures on their site.

I have a blue shade pack from them (omg how many blues are there) which I can't match up with the pictures for love nor money but I think I might have examples of both royal blue and ultramarine, they're very close in colour/shade but one is much more vibrant - which is which?

Please? I'd really appreciate some help here.

Here's what I have:

I suspect that the far left one is royal blue and the one next to it is ultramarine - can anyone confirm or deny this?

VixenSingsBlack

Re: Wingham wool colour help please (blues)

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 pm

hairykiter wrote:Hi, sorry for yet another thread but I need a little help from people who use Wingham wool

Do you have any pictures of Ultramarine and/or Royal Blue wool from Winghams? I'm trying to find the right blue to make my patriotic scottish dreads but I can't see a difference between the pictures on their site.

I have a blue shade pack from them (omg how many blues are there) which I can't match up with the pictures for love nor money but I think I might have examples of both royal blue and ultramarine, they're very close in colour/shade but one is much more vibrant - which is which?

Please? I'd really appreciate some help here.

Here's what I have:

I suspect that the far left one is royal blue and the one next to it is ultramarine - can anyone confirm or deny this?
If it has ANYTHING to do with the logic behind pigment, blue is less vibrant and ultramarine is more vibrant. But I have no first hand experience with Wingham myself.

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks anyway Vixen. Out of desparation I've ordered both, and asked them to mark which is which :D so we'll find out one way or another.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 pm

I've ordered Ultramarine before and can say it is definately the second colour on the left. Wingham Wool's colour chart is very deceptive.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Phoenix wrote:Wingham Wool's colour chart is very deceptive.
Quoted for the truth. I stopped ordering from them due to this.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 pm

To build my wool color chart, I had to order every color, make swatches, and then take my own pictures. I'm convinced ALL wool color charts company generated are BAD.

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:03 am

Phoenix wrote:I've ordered Ultramarine before and can say it is definately the second colour on the left. Wingham Wool's colour chart is very deceptive.
Brilliant, thanks :)
Their colour chart is indeed rubbish.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:05 am

Sara's texture crafts and Diversity Hair are pretty accurate.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:58 am

I couldn't find a suitable shade on Sara's :( (good to know her colour chart is accurate though)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Mmm, her colours are a little limited unless you get one of her hand blends. Er, forest fibres for colour accuracy are somewhere between Sara & Wingham.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:18 pm

So my wool arrived, royal blue and ultramarine really are almost identical!! So much so you could probably get away with mixing them. I had to take them out of the bags and compare them by bright daylight to be sure.
Ultramarine, as the more vibrant, is the one I'll be using for this project :) but I'll find a use for the royal too.

Thanks for the help :)

*in a roving frenzy*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:56 pm

I found the same happens by ordering different shades from different sellers too, like fluro pink from Sara is the same as hot pink from Forest Fibres. Or vice versa, anyhoo. glad you got sorted ;)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Return to “Roving & Wool”