Maris brood questions

Tomo139

Maris brood questions

Post by Tomo139 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:35 pm

(I dont know if this goes here <.<; sorry)
so I'm wanting to go as Maris Brood from star wars unleashed for acen 2009. I was wondering on if I should wear a wig for this outfit or grow my hair a tad then put braids into it.I also have a questions about how I should go about doing the horns. thanks for helping ^.^

here is a pic of her
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... ris_02.jpg

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Re: Maris brood questions

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:43 pm

im your going to braid you hair you wount have to grow it if you dont want to just add some kk to your hair when your braiding but its really up to you on that front

Urm i cant thing of a way right now to do the horns but ill have a thing & ask around to see if other people can think of any ideas

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:06 pm

If you made the horns and then stuck them onto weave clips, they'd hold in your hair pretty well.

Does she have any braids in the front of her hair, or just in the back? If there are any in the front, I think cornrows or french braids would be a good idea since they're so close to the scalp. Then do additional braid extensions in the back and pin them up in the middle in the back to get them to hang down like in the picture. You'll definitely need to add kk to get them as thick as those; if you try to just use real hair, you'll end up using really big sections that would likely get in the way of styling it.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Tomo139

Post by Tomo139 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Yes her hair is braided all the way around and it also is so long that it wraps around her neck I think 2 or 3 times. I might go with the cornrow but i dont know how to and none of my friends do.They are very thick, so how much hair would I have to buy?should i go to a stylist soon and see if someone can do this or not before the con? and if i did bring this to a stylist would they know what i was talking about if i repeated everything you guys said to them?sorry if this is random and thanks ^.^

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 pm

If you going to go have it done by a stylist then take a copy of the picture with you so you can show them & then explain so at least they can see what you mean rather than trying to imagine it & probly not imaging it how you want it to look. Definatly go before the con aswell to see if they can do & if not you can look else where.
With regards to the hair you can ask them if you can buy your own hair & take that with to see if they will do it any cheaper.

If your having it corncrowed then iv no idea how much hair youd need sorry. Full head of braids i think between 6-9 bags depends how much kk hair you use/thickness. Less if youv got an undercut.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:32 pm

It's hard to tell from the pics, but i don't think all her hair goes round her neck - just 2 or 3 braids maybe. You could even make them as separate pieces and then just attach them like a necklace, and pin at the nape of the neck to give the impression of super long braids.

I definitely think going with cornrows would be the best idea. You could have a go at doing your own, just have a practice, fat cornrows like that are nowhere near as fiddly as thin ones. Add in some synth hair too, definitely.
telling it like it is!

Return to “Braids & Twists”