THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
coloringbook

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by coloringbook » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Hiii :) I'm coloring book. I'm pretty inexperienced yet with fake hair but am learning all I can. I have made a few pairs of yarn falls over the past months and now want to learn how to work with synthetic hair and make my own dreads. Looking forward to the inspirations to be found on this forum!

QueerVictorianFairy

Post by QueerVictorianFairy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:32 am

I'm not great with introductions but...

My name is Ashley and I'm now 20, and have been making dreads on and off for the past two years, and before that two years full time. I've recently just started to sell online, and buisness is very slow, so I've been doing alot of ready to sell falls/single falls and just selling on local classefied sites. I spend an average of 3-6 hours a day doing synthetic hair related work. I love anything to do with syntheic hair, art, or animals. I'm here to learn, interact, and put in my two cents once in a while ^__^

Skettihoop

Post by Skettihoop » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm Pretty Rubbish At Things Like This But Here Goes..

Hey!! I'm Faye And Thats What I Like To Be Called :D I'm From East London But Now Live In Gosport. I'm Crazy About Anything To Do With Hair, Especially Fake Hair As I Can Go Out With A Different Style/Colour Everyday Of The Week

I Found This Forum By Mistake Looking For Someone To Install Some Dreads For Me, And I've Fallen In Love With It!!

Not So Long Ago I Attempted To Make Synthetic Dreads And The Were Such A Disaster, I Don't Think I'm Ready To Try Again :? I Also Made A Set Of Roving Dreads And, Compared To How Bad My Synthetic Ones Turnt Out, I Think I Did Quite Good. I Love How Dreads Look And Will Hopefully Have A Kit I Ordered Ready And Installed Soon :)

I Have Also Been Wearing Human Hair Extensions For Round About 4 Years Now (Clip-Ins, Glue And Thinking About Trying Micro Rings), Ever Since I Went Through A Stage Of Not Being Able To Decide Whether I Wanted Blonde Or Black Hair, And Having It All Cut Off :cry: Since Then I Haven't Manged To Let My Hair Grow Long Enough To Not Completely Ruin It When I Get Bored Of It.

I'm Also Crazy About Make-Up. I LOVE IT!!
Last edited by halocaustic on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There is no need to post in huge letters and bold text!
And does Jesus like my hair?
I don't think he f*cking cares!
Nor do I, Nor do I..

K.O.

Post by K.O. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:32 pm

HI

My name is Kristin. I have been interested in fake hair and dreads for quite a long time now. I started out making hair falls with yarn and learned how to dread them that way. I am real big into all things art, photography and costume. I love getting dressed up and dressing others up as well.
I do some modeling, makeup design, costuming and photography. LOL I have way too many hobbies to put on here.
I started creating my hair pieces because I always got too bored with my hair. once I was able to start dying my hair it only satisfied me for a little while. Then i chopped off all my hair O.o and am finally able to get hairfalls in my hair once again! I'm looking to start dreading again and to learn how to dread KK hair (so I don't have to pay $80+ that I don't have for a set of falls)
I found this site out of pure luck trying to find pictures of color combinations and I really love it here so far. This site is full of inspiration and full of drive... it makes me want to create!
Kitten A.K.A
Kristin Okopski

Armelle

Post by Armelle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:48 am

Hello, Armelle here. Just wanting to add some color to my hair. :) I'm curious to see what I can do with waist length hair.

BioMekanisk

Post by BioMekanisk » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:56 am

Hello,
My name is Cierra. I've been making cyber falls for 4 years now. I'm not perfect at making dreads still, but I know my technique has improved. I do now how to make SE and DE dreads, however, I dont know how to put them in.
I love making falls and feeling proud of my work, I enjoy modeling sets I've made for myself, and seeing sets I've made on other people. I prefer to say I specialize in crin, and synthetic materials. They are the easiest to work with mostly because I dont have to money to buy all the nice equipment everyone else has. (Working part time in the mall at Spencer Gifts doesnt exactly make you a high roller!) When it comes to synth hair, my sealing techniques are limited to boiling and steam ironing. Never have I place the iron on the hair, I always place a towel over the hair. I dont really like making yarn falls. They're cool, but once again I dont have the necessary equipment. (Boiling doesnt work that well on yarn, and ironing them makes yarn dreads flat :( )
I live in America, (Arkansas, to be exact) in a particular state where hardly anyone wears hair falls. Extensions are quite common, however. I intend on going to UALR where I will major in music/vocal, maybe business, I'm really interested in voice acting, I hope to one day become a published sci fi/fantasy author, and I love drawing. I love cyber, goth, lolita and cabaret/burlesque fashion. There's alot of hair falls I will I could make, but that why we keep making them and learn from our mistakes. I hope to one day turn BioMekanisk Falls into a complete business, and I also aim to become a seamstress so I may make my own unique clothes and perhaps turn it into a line. I live with my fiance, Allen, and our room mate, Luke. All my cats live with my dad. I imagine that some day, hair fall making will be my main source of income because, unfortunately, I'm usually a sickly person.
Here are a couple photos of some of my falls:

This is me wearing neon green and black cyber lox with rexlace and split loom tubing.

My freind Amanda wearing a black and silver set I made her

a set of green and purple dreads I made. They're not that great, but not too bad, I dont think.

Pleased to meet you all.

filthy_dreads

Post by filthy_dreads » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

hello:) i'm kasia and i've been working as alternative hairdresser for 6 years. for 3 years now, i'm making synthetic dreads. so glad to be here! so many pretty girls :i2:

love
open to custom orders!

http://www.facebook.com/filthy.dreads

RazorDeRockefeller

Post by RazorDeRockefeller » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

ello ello!

I'm Razor. I'm not really good at the whole intro thing but I'll give it a shot! I got into making fake hair when I was 13 and have been doing it ever since. I love making synth dreads! Everything from thick, messy, fluffy dreads to skinny, neat, tight dreads, but have also worked with foam, plastic, crin, loose hair/ wefts and have recently been getting into wool! I can't wait to get posting and looking around at all the lovely work her! So many talented hair crafters!
Here is a picture of me and my work!

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 am

Helloooo!

Some of you may know me from DTBD on VF
But im a newwwwb here ^-^

so...howdy!!

edit!

I didnt realise people were going into detail,
Im stefi, a small bubbly person wo makes jewellery, roving dreadies and braids.
I live in a small town in wales ^_^
Im abit strange, i would much rather sit in with a box of beads than go out drinking :P
errr...I like marmite, but not on anything...just on a spoon o__O

I also have a habit of doing little faces, this>...... and thiiiiiiis
Some people find it annoying though :(

x

Love Bunny

Post by Love Bunny » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Hiii :)

I'm jess and I'm a work at home mammy!

I make fairy wedding accessories and the occasional dread kit for me or friends :)

I had to get my real dreads out when I started working a few years ago but now I'm a WAHM I can do what I like :D ! I've been wearing synths for about 5 years and making for 3 :)

I specialize in natural style and dread decorations!

This is meee in one of my sets :D

And me and my baby girl!

~Jess ♥

International Secret Sweet & Savoury Swap! Sign Up HERE!

zombiefairy

Post by zombiefairy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 pm

hi everyone, im allanah. im turning 25 this month and i live in the uk.
i havent worn synth dreads for about 2 years now and am really looking forward to wearing them again. this time though im wanting to make my own dreads, but im not really sure of where to start so i shall be using this forum to help guide me at first. if anyone coukld pm me of a good place to buy hair for me to start making dreads that would be great

zombiepuppy

Post by zombiepuppy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi. :)
This would count as my introduction? Yes? XD
From personal preference I like straight/loose falls and extensions.
And I have the worst hair ever. >.> Seriously.
Which is why I'm here, to learn new, interesting things! :D

baby_rat

Post by baby_rat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm Cassie and dropping by to say my howdy. I've been interested in fake hair for about 7 or 8 years. Right now I'm really interested in roving dreads and am hoping to get some wool in the near future to try my hand at it. I don't do any extensions to my hair or anything like that but my hair is crazy enough all by it's self. But I would love to wear falls to get some more variety.

Pixie_Kitty

Post by Pixie_Kitty » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 am

Hello my name is B
I am thritysomething
I like tinkerbell and hello kitty [hence username], all kind's of colourful things especially pink and I love crafting and being arty.

my picture - >>>
here is some pixie dust from pixie hollow with love from Pixie_Kitty x x

PaulaVamp

Post by PaulaVamp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Ohai everyone! :3

My name is Paula J. or just plain Paula. ^^;
I'm new here and well horrible at these, hehe.
Currently I do not make dreads - going to try once I get the KK hair. ;D
I'm a student and an 'artist' as I'd like to think.

What else, oh yes - feel free to contact me on my MySpace

www.myspace.com/Coffinkid or look me up on Facebook - Paula Ruebenstahl.

:D thankies.

Si_Ndustrial

Post by Si_Ndustrial » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Hmm, I've been part of the online hair community for a few years now, usually browsing around here for tips, also part of synthhair on lj and DTBD on VF.

I make my own synthetic dreads as of recently, but am not a seller, nor do I plan to be, as I don't think I have the time. I change my hair style / colour every few days to every couple of weeks.

<3
I'll be the rainbow in your darkest nightmares

miofit

Post by miofit » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 am

Hello to all here,.I am newbie in this forum. I am from US so nice meeting you all here. See you around :)

forever-here

Post by forever-here » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Hey, my name is Stacy and I'm from Canada. My love for hair started when I was 16 and came home with bright green and purple hair which gave my parents a heart attack! Since then they have been getting used to my style but sometimes their reactions are still pretty funny.

I have been a hairstylist for about two years now and I absolutely love hair. The comment I get is that my hair is different every time people see me, usually because I love crazy, funky ideas to try out and I get bored of my hair pretty fast. My hair has been every color of the rainbow (it's seriously rainbow right now!) so next step is dreads!! I have just got my first shipment of Kanekalon in and am half way through making my first set of DE dreads! My hope is that I get good enough to sell some of my creations and to have a new piece of art on my head while my hair is growing out :D
Vooooodoooo, comin for yo' planet!

Gavrilla

Post by Gavrilla » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Hello lovelies.

My online name is Supreme Commander Gavrilla. I am from Canada and am absolutely obsessed with history, fashion, theatre, politics, economy, [cough]world domination[/cough], and art.

I became interested in synthetic dreads three years back. My 15 year old self saved up money to buy a 350$ wig when lo' and behold, I was scammed. Now I make my own dreads. Lol. There are positives to these things. Now I have much more control over my many coiffures.

mighty_boosh_fan

Post by mighty_boosh_fan » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:59 pm

hello

im scared

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Hiya!

I'm new to the Hair Forum, i was introduced to it by friend Belle who has been making awesome dreadies that i have been envious of for years! :i9:

I have a 9 week old baby and was hoping to utilise some of my maternity leave to do something productive rather then spending all my time on facebook!!

Hoping to get some inspiration and some help in making some scrummy new hair!

Thankies

Nat :o)
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

_transient_

Post by _transient_ » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:27 am

Hellooo

My name is Kris. I'm hoping to get dreads soon. Um, that's all I got for now.
:D
If chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit!

mrs. mole

Post by mrs. mole » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 pm

good evening,

mrs. mole has been lurking for some time and thought she should get of her posterior and join in properly. i've been abusing my hair for many years, bleaching and dying, lots of falls and currently on the 2nd lot of real dreads, the first set was in for over a decade before i had a moment of madness and a pair of clippers at hand (well, i never said i was sensible!)

looking forward to chewing the fat with you all.
x

heartofdarkness

Post by heartofdarkness » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi all, I am heartofdarkness, 27 from Wales; I was given this site by a friend after expressing an interest in learning how to make artificial dreads :)

I used to wear braided in wool extensions, but I could never hack them for more than a month at a time :( I shaved my head a few months ago, but now my hair is growing back nice and thick and I want to learn to make bunches of falls, either tie in or clip in, so that I can pick and choose what style I want to wear and for how long, without the awkwardness of having to braid it into my real hair :(

Will go and take a look around now, and see what I can learn, and hope to make loads of cool new mates too! Bye for now! :D

xxx

lovedreads

Post by lovedreads » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:53 pm

hello everyone
i am still very new to all this but i have been looking at dreads for a long long time and i have only just brought up the courage to try and make my own :) im still at the very begining stages and its not going as smoothly as i had hoped but i am sure ill be able to over come this :) i look forwards to joining in threads and making my new dreads.

speak to you all soon
lovedreadsxx

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”