THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
Fl_dreadhead

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by Fl_dreadhead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Hey wat it do im new here to this site and lookin for friends advice or just simple small talk :ugeek: so feel free to contact me

fushigigirl

Post by fushigigirl » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:53 am

hey i'm meg i just started making synth. dreads a bout 4 months ago :) im here to learn and meet ppl with the same interests as me :) im excited.
~meg~

hallucinoJENic

Post by hallucinoJENic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:51 am

Hey my name is hallucinoJENic (or jen).. im from australia i am an artist and dj/producer and have only recently come across the idea of synthetic dreads after bleaching and colouring my real dreads for years.. So i have just bought my first lot of hair to dread and add to my own ones.. am looking forward to being here and im sure to be asking alot of questions.. a big hello to eveyone!! :)
If u dont like what i gotta say suck my rotting penis... tastes like chicken... :P

helloimkitty

Post by helloimkitty » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:21 am

Hello I'm kitty. Not really my names Alice, from the US. I'm somewhat new to the world of extensions, and am just more so becoming an active member. Essentially I'm a starving artist, mostly paintings but I like to season my life with a little music here and there as well. I'm a noobie to dreads for the most part but that will all change in a week or so when I start my dreads! (which I am unnaturally excited about.). That's really it for me.
-<3-
alice a.

aeriodan

Post by aeriodan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Im a long time lurker, and just signed up today for an account. I have been creating dreadlocks and hair extensions for years, using both human hair and synthetic. Everyone that knows me jokes that my hair is different every week.... not true, but close! I currently have atomic pink hair and dreadlocks.... my natural dreads and fringe were bleached out and dyed with special effects atomic pink, and then i added a combo of synth & wool dread extenders to make my natural dreads go down to my waist. Ive had about 12 to 15 sets of dreadlocks over the past decade, and i started dreadlocks in my husband's hair and then extended them with a synth/human hair combo. I have a beautiful 16 year old daughter who just started her junior year in high school (she's a straight A student too!) and I breed roaches, rats, and reptiles for a living. Fun fun fun!

a few pics....

my purple dreadlocks from the beginning of the summer:

when they started to fade a bit:

then i chopped off all my hair :-(

and now im back to dreadlocks again!

SyntheticVenom

Post by SyntheticVenom » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi there! My name's Laura; a 20 year old art student here in Scotland. I've had a huge interest in synthetic dreads and other synthetic hair extensions for years, but just recently (two/three days ago) had my first attempt at making synthetic dreads.

I'm here to meet people with the same interests and of course to learn and improve in my newfound hobby for the future! :)

AnnaLee43

Post by AnnaLee43 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 am

Hello.
My name is Anna Lee.
I am 18 years young.
I live in Cleveland Ohio.
It sucks here, but I haven't really been anywhere else.
I can be very childish.
I can also be very mature.
~~~
I <3 <3 <3 Hair.
I started making my own dreadlocks a few months ago.
I needed some help along the way, so, here I am. :i19:
I was told about this forum through a friend of mine through Facebook.
Please help me! lol
I'm kind of a newb.

Also, I am having trouble uploading a photo.
It pretty much wont let me upload anything at all.

DLChappers

Post by DLChappers » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:10 am

Hi guys :) I'm new! loving this forum!!

My name is Demi, & I'm pretty much a makeup fanatic!!

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 am

Hi, My name Strandz of a Diva, I was surfing the web & came across this site. My life is submerged in the world of alternative hair ( fake as you say) I love seeing eager minds wanting to know and share what they know about it. I read several post before joining and found some very engaging information, I hope to share what I know and learn as I ponder here.

Apocalyptica69

Post by Apocalyptica69 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi all! I'm Apocalyptica. I was a Hairdresser for 8 years on and off, am now a writer :) Mum of two and just made and installed my first set of double ended dreads.litterally just finished installing like an hour ago, i hand made them after reading alot of your comments here and I'm absolutely wrapped with the results so thanks all! Will post pics asap when I'm not so darn tired lol. so anyways that was my lame intro hehehe :i2:

ProudToBeDifferent

THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by ProudToBeDifferent » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Hello everyone, my names Saint, im 22 and im from Scarborough Uk, i've always loved synthetic hair but never had a clue about how to go about them. I've had a few sets made and loved them loads :) i am now looking for someone who doesnt live too far from me to install them for me as the girl i usually ask to do it isn't always easy to contact. I would love to learn to make my own but have no idea where to start so looking on here to find tips and techniques and hopefully to make some friends. If anyone can help with any of the above that would be great :-D

brittone05

Post by brittone05 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:47 am

Hi Everyone :D My name is Emma and I am new to the site and sort of new to hair extensions. I have been wearing braids on nad off for about 10 years and have been braiding my friends hair for around the same.

I am now due to train in human hair extensions next month using micro rings, fusion, micro wefts and prebonded :D

I mainly joined to get advice on colouring - I am not a fan of plain hair and know that a few of my friends will want funky bits going on and, from reading, know I have found the perfect place to help my eventual clients remain individual :D xxx

Ooops forgot - I am also a qualified nail technician and am in love with nail art :D !

ScottSMH

Post by ScottSMH » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Scott and I work in the Hair Extension Industry.

My purpose for joining this forum is to obtain feedback on the ever changing methods of hair extension application, and also hopefully provide constructive and sound feedback to questions regarding hair extensions. I am not here to promote or sell, we do that through social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter.

I look forward to reading your posts :)

Scott

starzphalling

Post by starzphalling » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello All,

My name is Kate and I've been lurking around here for a while, figured I'd finally make an account. I'm working on learning how to make synth and wool dreads. Not sure what else to say..um I'm a psychology major and I live in the US? I'll leave it at that for now :P

Sharaya

Post by Sharaya » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:56 am

I'm Sharaya. Im new to the forum. Heard a lot about it. Iv seen many of the regular posters tutorials already and Im now in the process of making my first pair of dreads! Couldn't have started sucessfully without all of you so thank you! Those of you who took the time to make and post all of your how to videos, have saved me LOTS of time, money, and frustration. :)

LevanaMalum

Post by LevanaMalum » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 pm

I go by LevanaMalum or Béline Lilith Levana, I've been interested in fake hair since I was a kid. From a young age I loved Halloween style wigs because of the different colors and at age 14 I bought my first half wig, moved onto lacefronts and full lace wigs from there, then I started making fringes and cyberlox falls, and now I'm into synthetic dreads. I think my interest in fake hair began because I have such curly hair and as a kid my mom didn't let my grow it long cuz it was a pain to deal with. I've always been interested in "alternative" styles even as a kid. Currently a college student acquiring my associate of science degree with emphasis on art. :i2:

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:02 am

Hello everyone! I'm Amie aka Lamie (cute nick name my friends gave me, ha). I've been interested in dreads for quite some time now. I ordered my first set of falls from Divinity Dreads sometime in 2007, I believe. I absolutely loved them but had no idea how to wear them so they mostly sat in my closet.

More recently, I started getting into human hair extensions. Some girls at work were wearing them so I wanted to make my own set. I think this is what led me back into the world of dreads. I started watching videos on youtube which eventually led me here.

So, my beautiful dreads from Divinity Dreads came out of the closet! I attempted a partial install on myself which turned out beautifully and a couple of the girls at work took notice so I did partials on them as well and a passion was born!

Now I'm on my 20th dread. I much prefer DEs and harlies. I've been experimenting with different sizes and textures. I recently finished some knottys that I think turned out amazing! I tried to do some big poofy dreads but I don't think my backcombing is quite up to par for those yet. My amazing boyfriend just lent me a steamer yesterday and now I am seriously in business!

In the meantime, while I'm still learning, I ordered a set of 50 DEs from Dreadful Candy Parlor and I cannot wait to show you the full install!

Thank you all so much for being a part of such an educational and truly positive board!

NowlinRobertsHair

NOWLIN ROBERTS HAIR

Post by NowlinRobertsHair » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello Everyone! I have spent the past 20 years doing hair but along the way I have kept my focus on what I want to experience as a consumer, first. I am the one, like many of you who wants to be in the know of the latest scoop when it comes to my overall appearance. I want to understand the why’s and wherefore’s of this magnificent world of beauty and better grooming. I come from one of San Antonio's Premier Boutique Salons and I am an expert in INOA Haircolor and a L'Oréal Professionnel. I also specialize in Great Lengths Hair Extensions!

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum, and will probably be around for a while due to my long-running love affair with all things dready, both synth and natural!
I first had synth dreads back in November 2006, and have had various sets since then, and have also had real dreads twice, both times had to take them out for job-related reasons. I'm planning on rocking synth extensions for the next 8-10 months, then having real dreads put back in with extenders.

Here's me now:

As far as non-hair related interests go, I love shoes, fashion, corsets, makeup and all things horror/gore/halloween related!

So hello everyone, and hope to chat to you all soon!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ciararara

Post by ciararara » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Hello! The name's Ciara.

Been into changing my hair frequently for over ten years now. Wool is my preference and I'm mainly into natural colours. Love curly too!

I'd type more but am posting this via my phone so it's a wee bit tedious.

X

theextensionist

Post by theextensionist » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 pm

My name is Son and I am a professional hair extensionst and a season hair extension wearer. I know a lot about different methods and techniques so ask me anything! I went on this forum to see what interests people and learn more about the trends.

THE EXTENSIONIST

ShadowLegacy

Post by ShadowLegacy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi my name is Alena

I'm from the US, and I'm new to this forum and I would like to stick around and learn how to be creative with the hair extensions/ styles.... for my own enjoyment. I love the dread look, and the different style of clothes, shoes, make up, that goes with it. I'm looking to expand my interest and closet through this forum. Thanks for reading everyone!
-goes off to explore the site- XD <3

nyxed

Post by nyxed » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Hiya, I'm ali. I'm a tribal style belly dancer and I got interested in dreads after being somewhat disappointed with the yarn hair falls that are in style among dancers now. XD I kept wanting them to look more like hair--so finally I was like "why don't I just make synthetic hair falls instead?!" I'm excited to be able to temporarily switch up my hair style, too--in high school and college I colored my hair all the time, but now I have a boring desk job and I have to look "respectable," whatever that means. So far I have made 7 synthetic dreads (like, strands, total XD) so I'm hoping this forum will help me with some tips and techniques to make them look less dismal. I've never been good at doing hair, but I'm feeling hopeful!
i hope they cannot see / the limitless potential
living inside of me / to murder everything
i hope they cannot see

i am the great destroyer

MedusaWeirdsista

Post by MedusaWeirdsista » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey there! Medusa Weirdsista here :)

I dreadlock full time and I stumbled upon this forum while seeking out hair suppliers. This seems to be the type of forum I would really enjoy so I signed up ^_^

<3

beckelectric

Post by beckelectric » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi All,

My name is Beck. I'm a lawyer from Sydney, Australia.

I've been a long time wearer of all sorts of hair extensions - synthetic dreads and cyberlox (and any bastardisation of both) being my favourites. In the past year, I've also taken the step of creating my own sets of cyberlox as a challenge to myself. I'm also a crazy wig devotee.

I'm hoping that by joing the forum that I'll be able to chat with people who can help me with my own creations. And also to connect with all fabulous dread sellers out there. My synthetic dreads were all created with black bases, and now, being a blonde, I'm in the market for some new goodies :)

Anywho, enough of that.

Beck.

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”