THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
luftkissenmixer

Re: THE ONE AND ONLY INTRODUCTION THREAD!

Post by luftkissenmixer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Hey everyone!
Im Kathi and ive been making fake hair dreads for a lil more then a year now. i find it a great way to earn money since it seems only friendly people come to get dreads. i do also crochet real hair and i entend dreads with crocheted atificial hair annnnd twists, rasta and of course synthetuc dreads. i do and install them at home since im too lazy to really set up an "enterprise" yet, because im still studying at the university. but i definitly think of making and installing dreads as a job but im not to good at accounting and we have a quite complicated tax system in vienna. unfortunately.
well yes i hope you understand what im tiping because sometimes its maybe a little un-english-ish :)
well thanks for reading and i hope i can give some advice and it would be great if i also received some :D
and ive been a fan of this platform since heavenly hair ;) such an inspiration!
all the best :)
kathi

Yordan

Post by Yordan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Hello I'm Jordan, or 'Yordan',
I'm from London orginally although I'm currently living in Essex. I've been making dreads for about....4 months now, I did make a full set of around 90 SE dreads and I'm currently trying to repair alot of them so i can install them again. I have been using the wet cloth and straigtner method but it'd started to get on my nerves and doesn't always get me the results I want. I'd really appreciate it if someone can send me a link to a site where i can buy a proper steamer as all i keep finding is vegetable steamers :|

I've actually been joined to this site for a while now but have been very timid about posting, I do often look through the show off's page and I am seriously blown away by the amazing dreads I've seen.
I would post a show off but it's not much to show lol.
Why should I wake when I'm half past dead?

PrincessBubblegum

Post by PrincessBubblegum » Sun May 02, 2010 3:16 am

I used to be Pinkkiee*, but i hate that name so i dont want to use it any more >..<
=]

candytoxin13

Post by candytoxin13 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Hey everybody. My name is Jes. I'm 18 years old, I live in the US. I've been making dreads for a couple years now. It's become a huge hobby to me. I'm looking forward to posting things on here. So far just from looking through all the threads I've learned a lot and it's all very helpful ^^
Toodlies <3
Cause we all end up in a tiny pine box, a mighty small drop in a mighty dark plot and the mighty fine print hastens the trip to our epilogue
~~~
http://www.vampirefreaks.com/lovegun1
http://www.myspace.com/bloodfaggot6
http://www.graveravergorejunkie.deviantart.com

pandora

Post by pandora » Thu May 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi my name is Tamsin I am from San Diego,California. I bought my first pair of dreads last June and have been hooked ever since. I love to wear mid-length bright colored dreads, anything ranging from lime green to baby pink. I prefer dread wigs over attachable dread falls. I am joining this community because I am curious to learn how to make dreads and would also like to see what everyone's style of choice is.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers
Tamsin
(pandora)
xoxox

kelly7898

Post by kelly7898 » Sun May 09, 2010 6:33 am

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

nettlefunkk

Post by nettlefunkk » Tue May 11, 2010 9:25 am

so i used to be in the goth scene in toronto/montreal had my hair done every colour under the sun.. that was five years ago.. now im getting back into the funky style of dreads and enjoying every moment of it. im currently in alberta and well experimenting with old and new techinques thanks to these threads. im tweaking the apporach and pushing this artform as far as i can take it.

leviclementine

Post by leviclementine » Thu May 13, 2010 1:08 am

Hi, my name's Levi Lauren, I've been on the site for about 2 weeks now I think ^_^
I'm 17 and I live in Manchester in the UK and hair is one of my passions.
I've had my hair a million different colours, my favourites were blonde, pink, and blue.
I've been making dreads for a while as a hobby, I'm starting to wear them more often now (:
I find this site really usefull and I love looking at everyone elses work.
:D

BubbleGumGoth

Post by BubbleGumGoth » Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Hello, i am really bad at intros but i'll try to make it short and sweet.

My name is Jess but alot of people know me as adyta-so you can call me ada for short, or just jess- which ever you prefer :). I am 20 and i go to college in Philly.

I Make fringes and dreadfalls. I am interested in the hair extention forum because i want to learn how to improve, I have been making dreads for a year and some change now,and i have been making fringes for a couple of months. But i believe there is always room for improvement. :).

yralihenial

Post by yralihenial » Mon May 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey, my name's Hilary. I live in North Carolina and I'm going to start making my own dreads and stuff like that, I guess, haha. I just bought some stuff off ikickshins site... Geez, the shipping killed me xD

I'll probably be posting on here a bit, asking for tips and other things I guess. I've looked at quite a bit of the forum, but haven't fully figured it out. Lots of rules to learn >.> <.< Not used to that on other forums I'm a member of. Anyway, hope y'all welcome me with open arms and all that jazz. :)

.:Blood Rose:.

Post by .:Blood Rose:. » Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 am

Hey guys! I'm kinda disabled at making introductions... but here it goes!

I'm form a small city/town in Ontario, Canada. I stumbled into the world of synthetic hair when bored out of my mind and cruising the internet one evening. I've been very interested in fake hair, especially synthetic dreads, ever since. I've only dyed my hair (both permanent and semi-permanent dyes), and I haven't been as active with my 'artsy' side over the last few years. My University studies absorbed a lot of my time and attention, but with it currently on hold I hope being here will inspire a new hobby and force me to socialize xD.

Look forward to speaking with you all <3!

JaneQuest

Post by JaneQuest » Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Hiiiiii
Im kinda new here, I was on the old board and was sure i registered to this one but its been such a long time ive totally forgotten everything so here i am.
Dead excited to see all the lovely work and get myself some new dreadies, yay.

cherryblue

Post by cherryblue » Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Heya! People call me Cherry Blue. I'm Norwegian, 17, VEGAN. :i2:
I'm new to this forum, and new to forums in general so I hope I don't mess things up.

My hair have had every colour there is, and maaany different styles.
Actually, in the school yearbook I got named "Miss Hairstyle" haha
I never go to a hairdresser, I do everything myself.
The only style I haven't had is dreads.
I would love to learn how to make them!

In December 2009 my hair started to fall off (medical reasons), so I simply shaved it completely off. NOW my hair is 5cm and I'm not comfortable with it. I would really love to have longer hair, and I've always wanted dreads. I don't know how long my hair have to be to get extensions/dreads installed, and that's something I would like to get some help with from you guys who know this stuff! xo

patfase

Post by patfase » Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 am

hey everyone, I'm Pat (as in Patrick, not Patricia :P), 21 and from Melbourne, Australia. Looking to get me some nice mohawk style dreads so coming here for advice and eventually (when I get the required number of posts and days!) buy some dreads for it. Or if I can find someone to make the whole thing all the better as I'm not very creative :(

starrbean

Post by starrbean » Tue May 25, 2010 4:18 pm

hi fellow dreaders
i have been a fan of dread extensions for about 7years but only this year started learning to make and install them. i am actually a qualified hairdresser by trade but find sythetic hair so much more fun!
i currently have harlequins in that are half pink and half rainbow! but i am looking to have blues with the odd pink, yellow and purple next :)
thought this site would be a good way to make buddies who are also into extensions and maybe have meet ups (hey wouldnt we look like a wicked crazy group all sitting together in a cafe lol!)
hugs
Danni
xXx
:idea:

lessieloo

Post by lessieloo » Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Hiiii!
I am new to the forums, I found them a few days ago and have been lurking quite a bit since then.

While I have had natural dreadlocks, I am now going to be ordering my first pair of synthetic falls....I am ordering them on Friday and I am superrrr excited!!!! :D :D

I am a 23 (24 in August) year old chick from the Southern United States..my name is Leslie, you can call me lessieloo..hehe. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself! I will definitely be posting pictures of my locks when I get them.

xoxo
lessieloo

cutiekittybow

Post by cutiekittybow » Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi everyone! I'm jessica from US also. Glad that I came across this forum! :i2: I hope I can learn more new things here about 'hair' things. ;) One thing you should know about me, I am actually a hair accessories addict. :i2:
I really love hair accessories!

radio-trash

Post by radio-trash » Fri May 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Chancey and I am from British Columbia.

I began experimenting with fake hair in early high school, starting out with doing my own hair. I am now 20 years old and have had a few clients and have hopefully learned a thing or two over that time. (at least enough to not call what's on my head an "experiment") :)

I've been lurking this board for some time now, it has been such a great resource! I feel like I'm ready to hopefully get some good critique and feedback as well as meet some people with similar interests.

Take care,

Chancey
"When it's dark enough, you can see the stars"
http://chanceyanne.etsy.com

starbaby

Post by starbaby » Sun May 30, 2010 9:18 am

I figured it was about time to post an intro before I become destined to lurk forever.

My name is Leigh, and I'm pretty new to the synthetic hair game. I've wanted dreads for as long as I can remember, but have never really had the opportunity or the confidence to actually do it. My hair is very fine, and rather thin -- even dying it makes me wary.

I was introduced to synthetic dreads this winter when a wig from Anarchy was placed on my head and I very nearly tried to not let the owner have it back. So I started playing around with and making my own. I've finally reached the point where I feel like I'm producing something of quality, and it's turned very much into an obsession.

Outside of fake hair, I'm a late 20-something living in Seattle. I'm a NAC by profession, a makeup enthusiast, MAC addict, and a bit of a geek for Japanese music.

I look forward to nestling my way in with you amazing people.

pixieparadox

Post by pixieparadox » Mon May 31, 2010 5:20 pm

hi everyone. im pixie. im new to the board but not entirely new to making dreads. i really wish i had found this board like 3 years ago. haha. :i9:
"Come with me. Take my hand. I promise you, there's no promise land."

I HAVE A NEW SITE http://www.paradox-designs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixieparadox

Celestial-Fox

Post by Celestial-Fox » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:04 am

Hi, guys. I'm a huge DIY-er, painting dressers, drawing on walls, and customizing Converse. I have been wearing synthetic hair since the age of four, when I first got extensions. I spontaneously made my first synthetic dreadlock last night and plan to make more for a half-head installation.

I am an artist, musician, and writer. I love all things creative. I design tattoos, do commissions, and freelance. I like to learn and definitely want to finish my set of dreads before the end of the summer. All of you guys seem great, and I'm sure I can learn a lot from you! <3

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am

Hai I'm Jess/ Jessface/ Jessfacekillah.
22 years old from Sydney Australia, soon to be Canberra ACT. I've been interested in synthetic hair for a while now and have just started practising my dread-making :D

I also DJ once a month in Sydney, and once every other month in Canberra.

Thats all i can think of ^__^
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye
facebook.com/OpiateDreads-Custom Dreads and Cyberlox<3

DeadlyDivine

Post by DeadlyDivine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 pm

ohai!

i'm Bec, very nearly 20 and from Adelaide, South Australia. i'm only new to dread making, only made one set so far lol

just looking for tips and stoff :D :i9:

donzdreads

Post by donzdreads » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:18 pm

hey all am new to this site , i woul have a picture but my files are to big lol

and ive been making synthetic dreas for a few months now soon to be installed into my hair :D

just saying hi :)
[your sugar sits untouched

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:06 am

Hello everyone :) My name is Kaja. I would have posted sooner, but I'm not very good with computers..
I am making dreads, but only for my own use. I would have posted a picture of me if I did know how to do that. I'll try to find out. :?
Edit Image

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”