Timeline of dreads [Lots of pics!]

deadteddys

Timeline of dreads [Lots of pics!]

Post by deadteddys » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:23 pm

So I thought as everyone else is helping out the show off's section by showing off as many pics as possible, I thought I would too!

Im gonna try and put them up in as chronological order as I can but no promises! (Oldest to Newest)

I had installed about 30 SE's in black and neon green (I dont have any pics on their own), and the fall is in blue, white and black. All made by myself.

I made these and were really pleased with how they turned out. Black and neon green.

Installed onto my natural brown hair...Ew!

Then I bleached and dyed my hair green and put them back in, by this time they had puffed out slightly, and they look and feel really nice.

ImageImage
ImageImage
This is a party wig I decided to dread because it had gotten all matted, although before I started dreading I didnt realise it wasnt KK.

More progress on the wig.

Finished wig :) I sold it at a carboot for like £1 because no-one wanted it, heh oh well!

Then I made my best friend same falls as a christmas present. Neon pink, purple and black.

Her wearing them :)

Then I made some medium and long pink and black SE's and DE's.

So I dyed my hair HOT HOT pink (manic panic) and put them in! Self installed, really badly.

So then I got my first comission, purple and black with a couple of swirls 30 DE's on each fall.

Katie wearing them.

So then I got my second comission, red, black and white fall 30 DE's.

Vicki wearing them :)

And then I got my third comission, red and neon pink, 20 DE's installed onto a clip! No pics of her wearing it yet though :(

I had money and I saw a cheap opportunity to get dreads! These are made by VulcanEars (Dont know if shes crossed over yet....ooo that sounds spooky!) Theres 50 DE's here, they are all buyhair colours but I can only remember the black, haha! Mounted them onto falls in 25's.

Recycled some old neon green dreads I had by re-sealing them, and then plonked a curly black and green fall over the top :) Sold the fat green dreads on ebay.

Ahh now this is the first proper nice wig ive dreaded. Bought from Professional Only. Colours are brown, blonde, blue, light petrol green, white and auburn. STILL TRYING TO SELL THIS BTW.

Photos of me wearing, you can see the length is these too.

Took the curly black and greens and added some candycane black and greens, gave to a friend as a present.

These were my first attemps at harlequins. I like how they turned out, but I didnt think the colours went well together. There is strawberry, white, light petrol green, neon pink, and what looks purple but its a colour in buyhairs fantasy range.

And this is where most of them ended up. Together with long orange dreads, short orange and yellow candycanes, yellow harlequins and solids of the colours that were harlequin'd. Worn to Download!!!

Then I washed them (they were GRUBBY!) and I put them on hairbands and wore them as falls. Although now the harlequins are on ebay!

I made some strawberry/neon pink blends because the neon pink wasnt sealing well at all. I had solid blends, but most of them were black to blend transitionals. Also the white/pink, softer pink, black to white/pink dreads were made by Dragongirl and I got them in a dread swap at the meetup! :D

I recently took VulcanEars dreads off the falls and installed them along with the harlequin'd neon pink :) Sporting my new fringe too.

*Phew!* I think that is all :)

atomiklox

Re: Timeline of dreads [Lots of pics!]

Post by atomiklox » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 am

I think blue/black/white have to be my favs. They bring out your eye color quite nicely.
Do not go where the path leads, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 am

there is some fantastic work there, LOVE the transitional wig, it looks so well-made, I'd want to keep it if I'd made that :p

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 am

I think my favourite is the wig you made, I can't believe you sold that for £1, oh no :( I would have bought it for at least £2 :lol: (no seriously though, it is gorgeous, you were robbed)
telling it like it is!

TwiggyDEVOUR

Post by TwiggyDEVOUR » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 pm

I think the dreads braided at the front is much more flattering on you then the fringe :)
It makes you look more hardcore ;)

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 pm

That dread wig is awesome :)
I really like you with pinky colours in your hair too, suits you!

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 pm

paran0ir wrote:there is some fantastic work there, LOVE the transitional wig, it looks so well-made, I'd want to keep it if I'd made that :p
Haha thankyou! I would keep it, but im not much of a wig wearer and plus I dont think the brown suits me!
MissAnthropik wrote:I think my favourite is the wig you made, I can't believe you sold that for £1, oh no :( I would have bought it for at least £2 :lol: (no seriously though, it is gorgeous, you were robbed)
Yeah but it was on a cheap party wig base and I know a few people from the old board said it wouldnt sell because of that, so I sold it for £1 at a bootsale heh. Its ok though :) Im not letting the PO wig go for less than £50....If anyone will ever buy it that is ;)
TwiggyDEVOUR wrote:I think the dreads braided at the front is much more flattering on you then the fringe :)
It makes you look more hardcore ;)
Hahaha! Thankyou XD I do love to be hardcore ;)

And thanks everyone else ^^ Hehe.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:32 pm

i love ur pink set
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

my_purple_skys

Post by my_purple_skys » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:36 pm

your so cute!!!!

i love all the sets you pull off lots off differet colours very well!!#

you also have amazing skin!
" theres always something out there for you "

kawaiiXcore

Post by kawaiiXcore » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:40 pm

whooaaa lots of GREAT PICTURES!
AND YOUR DREAD WIG SOLD FOR ONLY 1?
how cooome
i woulda bought itt :(
loll
but the owner wears it really well
and i love your other creations.
formerly known as CYBERDOLLY

http://www.myspace.com/cyberpopkid
^~~MAH MYSPACCCE~~^

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:27 pm

They're all gorgeous!
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Plastic-Couture Hair

:D

Post by Plastic-Couture Hair » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:37 am

What a crazy color combination you came up with for your download hair! Like the thickness/coverage. :D
-Sarah
Check out my Face Book [main] or My Space [secondary] for images & info.PM me for a custom dread quote!

http://www.facebook.com/plasticcouturehair

http://www.myspace.com/plasticcyborg

Dude

Post by Dude » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:18 pm

I like all of them buuuuut if I had to pick I would say - The greens! ^_^
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:53 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:I think my favourite is the wig you made, I can't believe you sold that for £1, oh no :( I would have bought it for at least £2 :lol: (no seriously though, it is gorgeous, you were robbed)
I also think that my favorite was the wig you made. It was really lovely!
Honestly I should be working...

fugly_defect

Post by fugly_defect » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm

i really like the orange mix best!

really suits ya
you know those moments that come up where you get the opportunity to do the right thing? I like to wave as they pass by....

Return to “Hair Extension Show Offs- Archive”