The cutealternative/marathon hair showoff!!!!!

patricia*star

The cutealternative/marathon hair showoff!!!!!

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 am

Hi everyone, here is, as promised, my proper show off of my new kellye dreads which helped me standout from the 36,000 other people running the marathon :D

I had my name printed on my running vest so i felt like a celebrity the whole day, with people shouting, cheering, complimenting my hair and supplying me with copious amounts of jelly babies and vasaline! :lol:

When the going got tough which was most of the way it was the crowd who kept me going, mainly by calling me coolio and making me laugh several times. Also my cousin - who is in these photos too and ran with me - kept me going when i wanted to stop and i did the same when she hit the wall (and let me say, many walls had to be smashed through :oops: )

Onto the photos :D

This pic features my friends toy - ratty - who travels around the world and gets up tp lots of shananigans. He decided he would like to do the marathon, hitching a ride in my sports bra. Poor ratty was in a depressing state after 6 hours and needed a bloody good wash! But he did stop my boobs rubbing together and getting scabby like they did last year, cheers ratty!

Now an action shot taken by my OH on london bridge which is about 11 miles in. Im blissfully unaware of the sailor girl nearby - i hate anything nautical!!

Sorry for the huge pictures but im so proud of me and my cousin and i wanted to have offensively large pictures :lol:

Kellye - feel free to take any you like, i have road-tested your dreads and put them through extreme abuse for 6 hours - pulling them at funny angles and drenching them with water repeatedly and i am pleased to say they are still looking great and keeping their shape so well that they still look just like they did the day sarah installed them! They have passed the marathon test and the thinness and whippyness of the ends meant that, although it was a very VERY hot day, the only thing that was making me sweat profusely was the sun and the running. They were so light i didnt even feel like i was wearing them!

The official photographers took lots of pictures but they are stupidly expensive and i cant afford to buy any so if you would like to see them just look here:

http://contenta.mkt2713.com/ra/2011/331 ... ine-EN.jpg
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Re: The cutealternative/marathon hair showoff!!!!!

Post by MrsEss » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 am

Aw, Lisa for some reason all your photos have made me smile! (I love the little girl staring at you in the first pic)

I'm glad my install held up for you (will now add new disclaimer.....dreads will not fall out even if you run a marathon!!)

Well done you & you look amazing!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Aw, Lisa for some reason all your photos have made me smile! (I love the little girl staring at you in the first pic)

I'm glad my install held up for you (will now add new disclaimer.....dreads will not fall out even if you run a marathon!!)

Well done you & you look amazing!
Thats my cousins little girl lily :D bless her!

It really is proof that with a brilliant/talented dreadmaker and installer you can do anything!!!!
Feel free to take some pictures hon to drum up some more install clients, because im your number one fan :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:44 am

Aww this has really made my day, I love all the pictures and Im so glad they withstood the marathon for you! :D

They look awesome, I love the little bunches you've put them up in, so cute and fun! The beads look great too!

I too should add the disclaimer that my dreads will withstand a marathon lol!

Awesome, have nabbed all the pics, hope that's ok :D

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:56 am

thecutealternative wrote:Aww this has really made my day, I love all the pictures and Im so glad they withstood the marathon for you! :D

They look awesome, I love the little bunches you've put them up in, so cute and fun! The beads look great too!

I too should add the disclaimer that my dreads will withstand a marathon lol!

Awesome, have nabbed all the pics, hope that's ok :D

Thats no problem kellye :D They are living/breathing/running proof of yours and sarahs talent :D

They had a tv camera on london bridge and denise richards was interviewing people, i was hoping she would stop me for a chat but it never happened :( would of drummed up silly amounts of business for ya :lol:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:03 am

Well done to both of you!

Your hair looks great too, I love dreads you can tie up and stuff. :D

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:24 am

you look great with those dreads. they really suit you. :i2:
and congrats on the marathon. was it fun? i love long distance running and have been contemplating doing one.
*Manda*

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:36 am

Well done for doing the marathon, and yay for amazing dreads! They look gorgeous on you :D

Aricyn

Post by Aricyn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 pm

wow way to go i think id die if i ran a marathon haha..
the dreads look great on you !
<3

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks everyone :D I really did enjoy it, even though it was twice as hard as last year. Cancer hybrid - if you want me to post you my training plan just pm me your address. It starts you off really slowly so that your body gets used to the running :D

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:50 pm

patricia*star wrote:Thanks everyone :D I really did enjoy it, even though it was twice as hard as last year. Cancer hybrid - if you want me to post you my training plan just pm me your address. It starts you off really slowly so that your body gets used to the running :D
i am already used to running, but i am interested in your training regimine. pm'ing you now.
*Manda*

starlight

Post by starlight » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:38 pm

They look great, congrats on completing the marathon!

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Awesome and congrats! I did a sprint tri once and almost died, I can't imagine that long of a run!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Oh wow, I actually have a lump in my throat and wet eyes looking at these shots. Especially the one running with a massive smile.

Obviously, the dreads look great but this one's all about you Lisa. I've said it before but I'll say it again;

Pride of the HEF Chat Thread.

Oh, and gawping girl is pure amazing.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Little Miss Vivica

Post by Little Miss Vivica » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 pm

They look awesome, I love the way you styled them into four bunches. :D
Also congrats on running the marathon! You're braver than I, haha. ;)
Turn it up real loud, and let the base line shout...

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:37 am

Aww they look great on you! I love the updo! Fantastic show off!!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Great pics...I wish I'd gone to watch it now, it goes past the end of my road but I was feeling lazy *fail*
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Awww thanks everyone :D

Liz if i had spotted you on the sidelines i would of had to come and give you a big hug, but it would have been a wet/sweaty/smelly hug from me so i think you had a lucky escape :lol:

Thanks gracey, i feel all warm knowing you proud :D :oops:

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 am

patricia*star wrote:Awww thanks everyone :D

Liz if i had spotted you on the sidelines i would of had to come and give you a big hug, but it would have been a wet/sweaty/smelly hug from me so i think you had a lucky escape :lol:

Thanks gracey, i feel all warm knowing you proud :D :oops:
Where is Deptford on the route (near Greenwich but not the o2 end), the beginning or end? I have no clue...that's the bit near me though :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:30 am

erm, im not sure becuase it starts in greenwich park but there is a bit where you double up so it probably half way through as well! :D

Return to “Hair Extension Show Offs- Archive”