new hair **better pics now**

emmalooxx

new hair **better pics now**

Post by emmalooxx » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:23 pm

...i recycled the dark and light brown ones from my last set but made 16 dark red crochet dreads (never done those before!! sooo many injurys) they are rock solid i don't know how to soften them up a bit, so any ideas?? can't really wear them down or take many pics because they just stick out atm! sorry about the rubbish pictures in advance x

*edit* okay got some better pics, still not amazing but at least you can see now. and this first one is a pic of a few of them just after they've been crochetd (spelling?) before going into washing machine and so forth :)

they are big and messy ^-^

**edit** hehe i've just seen the size of my bun!
Last edited by emmalooxx on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
<3 "I don't consider myself to be a pessimist, I see a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain...And yet I feel soaked to the skin. " - Leonard Cohen

MrsEss

Re: new hair (not very good pics :( )

Post by MrsEss » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 pm

You need to invest in a decent camera ;)

They'll soften with wear, or take em out & wash em in the washing machine.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

emmalooxx

Post by emmalooxx » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:02 pm

thats what i did this morning and they did get a bit softer but still like bloody spikes! shall i give it another go or just persevere and see if they sort themselves out?
my camera has been stolen by my daughter and is covered in crap atm so i have to use my phone :( x
<3 "I don't consider myself to be a pessimist, I see a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain...And yet I feel soaked to the skin. " - Leonard Cohen

Shedandy

Post by Shedandy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 am

not sure how to soften them but lovely colours
This be my Facebook dreads page ^_^ Feel free to add me
http://www.facebook.com/shedandys

vivid

Re: new hair **better pics now**

Post by vivid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:52 am

They look so natural!

I find that a couple of washes in the washing machine, and then just general wear/sleeping on them and messing around tying them up will soften them up a bit.
The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold... The curve of your lips rewrites history...

emmalooxx

Post by emmalooxx » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 pm

:) i took all the red ones out today, boiled them and then sealed them and then reinstalled them and they are fine now :)

Kaminoke

Post by Kaminoke » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:32 pm

vivid wrote:I find that a couple of washes in the washing machine, and then just general wear/sleeping on them and messing around tying them up will soften them up a bit.
What Vivid said! :lol:

But I don't see what's wrong with sticky-out dreads anyhow, and yours look lovely as they are :)

emmalooxx

Post by emmalooxx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:56 am

i took them out :( they hurt my head so much i had a headache the whole time and i've not had that before. found them so bad to sleep on too. nevermind i dyed my hair BRIGHT red now so just going to be dreadless for a while :)

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 pm

emmalooxx wrote:i took them out :( they hurt my head so much i had a headache the whole time and i've not had that before. found them so bad to sleep on too. nevermind i dyed my hair BRIGHT red now so just going to be dreadless for a while :)

aww >.< thats a shame they looked really nice on you, yay for red hair though :) :i2:

Yordan

Post by Yordan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Aw they were gorgeous on you! Pity you had to take them out :( such gorgeous colours! But the red is super hot!
Why should I wake when I'm half past dead?

emmalooxx

Post by emmalooxx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 pm

hehe thankyou jordan, i still want that undercut!!!!!!!! god damn you woman haha x

Return to “Hair Extension Show Offs- Archive”