I'm getting better! Turquoise & "Blonde"

darcitananda

I'm getting better! Turquoise & "Blonde"

Post by darcitananda » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:08 am

Hey ya'll! So, I'm totally overwhelmed, but even though I'm just starting out at this, friends are already requesting my hairy projects and this is my first custom request set! This gal is a very lovely blonde with blue eyes (they'll look way better on her, I just plopped them on my head to show their size), and she requested turquoises and then I put in some variegated blues and cream and that sort of grellow (green yellow) color. I'm pretty pleased with them, I think they feel light and fresh somehow, and am liking working with the Merino (my first tries were in Alpaca which didn't have such a clean finish). Well, I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks for looking and for all the support!

Last edited by darcitananda on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vicsarina

Re: I'm getting better! Turquoise & "Blonde"

Post by Vicsarina » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:28 am

Not trying to attack you here, but I would never wear a customer's falls. Its kinda a health and safety issue. Would you really want to order a custom set of falls, only to find out the person who made them wore them first? Even if it is just for a few minutes, they are now worn, and I totally would not accept that.

Buy a polystyrene head. Much cleaner and better way to display them.
*Rule Obsessor*

darcitananda

Post by darcitananda » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:34 am

Cool, thanks for the advice! Totally appreciated. They are for a friend, but I see your point. I wish there was a better way to display them than on a mannequin or polystyrene, head, I think they look soooo creepy I wouldn't even want one in my house! I am pretty sure I have seen numerous dreads "modeled" on real humans before, um, like 90% of the hats and dreads on Etsy??? These weren't even rubberbanded to my hair, just sitting on top of it... At any rate, I do appreciate the feedback especially since I'm just starting out (never intended to even sell a thing, but people started asking, so I obliged). Hmmm, must think of creative way to display... maybe on a volleyball a la Tom Hanks. ;)

Shedandy

Post by Shedandy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:16 am

Yeah Nemisis (http://www.nevermind-creations.com/index2.html) and a few other good dread sellers always model their stuff. I don't know if I have the balls to try to sell worldwide like that (Mind you I don't have the balls to sell except for the occasional order/set and locals usually) (It makes me nervous I'm a scaredy mouse) However people successfully do, it can make the dreads look more appealing if its done really well.
Actually I did take pictures of a pair of falls I was thinking of selling like this only I put glad-wrap over my mates actual hair first.
Either way Its defiantly fine for a friends and to show on here :)

Im not a roving girl as I'm alergic to wool but I can see you've certainly improved on the felting. However I must say I still personally love the less felted look of your last dreads so try to keep that method on your skills and methods resume to!
This be my Facebook dreads page ^_^ Feel free to add me
http://www.facebook.com/shedandys

atomiklox

Post by atomiklox » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Looking good. I love that "grellow" color! ;) But, I am a huge fan of the alpaca dreads you did last time. I like the grungier finish.

If the dreads are not yours and you want to show the dreads on a human head, wait for the customer pic before you post. Or perhaps invest in one of the mannequin heads they use in beauty schools - with a face and hair.
Do not go where the path leads, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

emmalooxx

Post by emmalooxx » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:31 am

nice :D
<3 "I don't consider myself to be a pessimist, I see a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain...And yet I feel soaked to the skin. " - Leonard Cohen

Return to “Hair Extension Show Offs- Archive”