An up-do using falls

MrsEss

An up-do using falls

Post by MrsEss » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 pm

I've added this pic to the "wool lovers unite" thread, but also wanted opinons/advice from others.

they're rowan grape & black falls (super light) & i made them too short, so they sit on my shoulders & are for halloween daytime at WGW - the outfit i'm wearing is purple & black taffeta gown, satin corset & bolero jacket. So, down they look awful, i tweaked & played, trying to get it to look like they're dreads "knotted" on the top/black of my head.

i pulled a few out for the front/sides as it looked a bit too neat - but i don't want messy. It felt very fragile when i did this - i've bought some chop sticks (think i may need at least 2 more though) & hair nets to try and keep it all in.

anything else i could use to secure it to my head??

what do you think?

ooh, yeah - i hate my own hair showing when i've got falls in - don't mind the undercut showing, but normal hair is a no no for me :)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

doclocks
Site Admin

Re: An up-do using falls

Post by doclocks » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:10 am

I think they look cute.

It's hard to know what would make them more stable. How is the base created and how much hair do you have on your own?

My personal suggestions always seem to fall back to weave clips and wire combs. Sew a couple of these to the base and you should be pretty stable. :)
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

MrsEss

Re: An up-do using falls

Post by MrsEss » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:50 am

Hi,

thanks

Ijust fastened them round 2 teeny buns on my head & my hair is about jaw length normally.

Cheers - i'm gonna hunt for some wire combs! :)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Return to “Hair Critique”