My first natural set ... Input?

convenientlust

My first natural set ... Input?

Post by convenientlust » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:07 am

Hello :)

So this is my first natural-esq set. I didn't want to post this in the Show-Off because I actually do want critique and feedback so please, let me know what you all think.

I used Afrelle GSF14 (Golden Brown/Blonde Mix) and Black. They're soft, yet solid and ALOT more durable than they look... not to mention lightweight.
35 DE's Solid pencil-thin
25 DE's Solid sharipie-thick
10 DE's Swirled

They were a bit cut-off (Thanks Photobucket...) but the full image is in the image link.

With flash.
Without flash.
Ends tapered.

Thanks bunches!

Librarynerd

Re: My first natural set ... Input?

Post by Librarynerd » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:27 am

They look fantastic! I really like working with Afrelle, it is so soft and shiny. A bit hard to get started backcombing but once it goes it makes a nice solid dread. The tapered sealed ends really work well. They almost look half way between a traditional natural(more poofy, loose ends) and a regular twisted dread. I like it a lot. Best of both worlds:)

I just got a big box of Afrelle from IKickShins in the mail today you have inspired me to try some naturals with it. Can only hope they look as sweet as yours.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

xtine

Re: My first natural set ... Input?

Post by xtine » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:20 pm

I agree, they do look really nice, and like a mix between what a lot of girls have been making as naturals (chunky, blunt) and the standard tightly sealed dreads! The sealed ends on the naturals are like a good thought, but it also makes them a little less natural looking, and so do the swirls. Don't get me wrong! They're gorgeous! I'm sure someone would love to have them on their head :) That's just advice if you're actually going for a strictly natural dreadlock.

Return to “Hair Critique”