My first knotty no seals [with pics!]

Candied_Angel

My first knotty no seals [with pics!]

Post by Candied_Angel » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:06 pm

I made these because I had a vision in my head of striding into work in a Grecian caftan with some knotty-no-seals in my hair. Unfortunately I haven't been able to start the caftan yet but I did manage to make these over a few days. There are 35 SEs in all black and 8 acccent SEs in black and neon blue. I'm really happy with them. I thought they would take up a whole lot of hair but as the lovely ladies in the technique board were right in that they use up less hair. All 43 dreads, being about marking pencil thick, only took up two bags of hair!

[In artificial light]

[In natural light - pardon the low lighting, it's really gloomy and I wanted to get pictures of them before I installed them.]
[The regular twisted and sealed dreads are from another set of dreads I made before this one.]

[My first try at blunt ends. I started out trying to make them with the edge of my iron but eventually sealed the ends really really tight and snipped them where I thought they should end.]

[Accents]

I'm thinking about making more blue accents. Hopefully I'll have pictures of the installs and the fringe I'm making to go with them. ^.^

See anything wrong with them? Anything I might need to improve on?
Striving for social imperfection since 1990.

yralihenial

Re: My first knotty no seals [with pics!]

Post by yralihenial » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 am

what exactly is this? I've never heard of this type before. They look really cool!

Shedandy

Post by Shedandy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:35 pm

I like the neon blue stands out really well
This be my Facebook dreads page ^_^ Feel free to add me
http://www.facebook.com/shedandys

johnsmith23687

Post by johnsmith23687 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:20 pm

I am a big fan of such type s of the hair style.And my hair is very long that's why I always try these types of hair style and it always very different for my look.I really like your hair style here.

Return to “Hair Critique”