First attempt at synth dreads.

meowberry

First attempt at synth dreads.

Post by meowberry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

These are my first synth dreads. Pretty amateur-ish but I had fun making them! I sealed them with the tea kettle method. They are really fuzzy so I'm thinking of picking up a cheap hair straightener to seal them a bit more. What else can I do to improve?

luvplacebo

Re: First attempt at synth dreads.

Post by luvplacebo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 pm

From the looks of it your sealing is pretty good - don't worry about the fuzzies all dreads have them. But you need to backcomb more evenly so the dreads go from thick to thin evenly so you don't get lumps in the middle. Also you could try twisiting using your thumb more to wrap the fibres without having the breaks like you do in the middle dread. Its pretty good for a first attempt, just keep practicing :)
http://www.lighthousedreads.webs.com: offering 10% discounts for board users in exchange for photos

zombiejunkyard

Post by zombiejunkyard » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 pm

They look better than the first ones I ever made. I forgot to back comb! Lol I think I was just excited to be making my own. Practice practice practice.
I'll be back before this banana hits the ground. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

meowberry

Post by meowberry » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 pm

luvplacebo wrote:From the looks of it your sealing is pretty good - don't worry about the fuzzies all dreads have them. But you need to backcomb more evenly so the dreads go from thick to thin evenly so you don't get lumps in the middle. Also you could try twisiting using your thumb more to wrap the fibres without having the breaks like you do in the middle dread. Its pretty good for a first attempt, just keep practicing :)
Thanks! The middle one was my first attempt so it's definitely the sloppiest. I will try twisting with my thumb more!

Return to “Hair Critique”