What happened to the old HH?

doclocks
Site Admin

What happened to the old HH?

Post by doclocks » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 am

After discussion with several of the mods, we decided to move the HH board to a new, secure and stable home. The board now resides on the same servers as the my site (doctoredlocks.com), which has been stable for years. No more php errors, no more downtime.

There is wider mod/admin access to ensure that we are never without help. :) Doctored Locks and this board are not affiliated, but I'll likely be hangin' around a bit more. ;)

We had to create a new community while Shiin's server is still down, but the old database will eventually be integrated with this one. We are not sure when exactly this will happen, but we all hope to retreive that info as soon as possible. All of the mods from the old board have been reinstated here. We hope to be able to build a better, stronger hair extension community.

Since we are getting started anew, please post as much info as you can, and as many photos as you can. We would like to get this place off to a good strong start.

I hope you like the new look and feel. Let me know if you have any questions, comments and suggestions!

In summary, its official. This is the new home of HH.
*insert new houseplant here*

Cheers!
Doc
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

doclocks
Site Admin

Re: What happened to the old HH?

Post by doclocks » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:52 am

I received an email from Shiin today regarding transfering the databases (this would restore our old posts and users).
Hey Doc - I am totally on board with your idea, unfortunately I do not have access to the internet (sending this from my cell) and will not until at least monday. I am unable to check the database info etc. without access. If I am not connected by then I will find an internet cafe and get all the info for you then :) Thanks for your generosity. <3
I wanted to let everyone know what the status was regarding archives. Until then, post on and be merry!

Cheers!
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

Return to “News/Announcements”